It’s been awhile! For the last 3+ weeks I have been furiously sewing blocks and staying home most nights and weekends. For each round of sewing for each color, it took me about 2 hours… yeesh. But finally, on Monday, I finally got the last of the blocks assembled. Here are half of the blocks by color.
The yellow pile was a little short because when I went to press them, I realized that I sewed 8 of the 10 blocks wrong. And though that does make a cool block, it’s not what I’m going for here. So I had to seam rip and resew them.
Once the blocks were all sewn correctly and pressed, I laid them out. I’m ecstatic about how these are looking. I’ve shown the picture to some friends who haven’t believed me that it’s only flat fabric.
Up next is to sew the blocks together. There are 180 blocks. On Tuesday, I got them sewed into pairs, so now I’m down to 90. I’m optimistic about meeting my deadline of October 25, if I continue to work on this with every spare moment at home. After the bottom is sewn, next will be working on the applique letters for the top half.