Today, I want to show some of the donation projections that I’ve done.
Pillowcases are a fast and easy item to make so I try to do a pillowcase project every year or so. This first group went to a children’s group… I can’t remember if it was Project Linus or which one.
These pillowcases went to Heads at Ease, which delivers pillow cases to deployed servicemen and servicewomen overseas. (There was also 2 straggler kids’ pillowcases that didn’t get finished when I did the above group.)
Lastly, one year Moda fabrics wanted to donate 100 quilts to 100 servicemen and servicewomen made in 100 days. Each quilt took 18 blocks, so they needed 1800 blocks. They called the program Just One Star and requested that each quilter take a little time to make just one block. You then send your block to a central area and they put the quilt tops together. They had other people who were donating their longarm skills to attach the top, batting, and back. Well, they failed to plan on the generosity of quilters and instead of the 1,800 goal, they ended up with over 15,000.
I made the blocks on the right… I made 15 or 20. I also collected and sent blocks for anyone in my quilt group who made all the blocks on the left. In total, we sent around 35 blocks.