My Easter weekend has consisted of finishing the quilt blocks for the wedding quilt. I had gotten the strips half sewn throughout the week. On Saturday, I finished sewing all of the strips together. Here are a few of the finished strip sets.
This morning (after I had some coffee… never cut when not mentally present), I subcut the strips into the 6.5″ unfinished blocks. I love seeing all of the blocks together. So pretty!
Here are the finished blocks. There are 120 total, though the quilt may have fewer, depending on how many people sign the blocks. They will sign in the beige in the center (hopefully leaving me 1/4″ seam allowance on either side).
Other than needing to be mailed, these blocks are as far along as I can do right now. The wedding is mid-June so I should get the blocks back in early July to start assembling them. The goal is to have this finished by Christmas.
Project stage = complete