I have had these two blocks cut out, partially sewn, and sitting on my table for over a week and a half now. Last night I finally buckled down and finished putting them together. These are blocks 2 and 3 of The Bella Girls’ Stargazing BOM. This is my color revision in the American Brand Solids fabrics. This gives me a good opportunity to read through the pattern and make sure everything, especially the diagrams, make sense. Meanwhile, Kathie is doing another round of pattern testing, as we move into the final stages of prep to get this BOM ready for sale!
This is Block 2, Rigel:
In the quilt, Rigel will be attached to Gemini (Block 1), so here they are laid out. This is also one of the few complete seams in the quilt assembly, since most of the seams are partial seams. My plan is to assemble as I work, when I can. The next block to attach is month 5 or 6, so there will be a slight delay.
And Block 3, Summer Triangle. In the original pattern (and what’s being released), there isn’t the covered star, but I wanted to add it in. For Swan’s quilt, Nancy quilted a star there, which looks pretty cool. I was thinking that I might want a square-in-a-square quilted into the blank spaces in the Gemini block above.
I’m heading to Tucson next weekend. One of the things that I’m doing is picking up the quilted 10 Shades. I’ve seen one preview picture, a picture of the waste thread, and that’s it. When I gave it to Nancy Stein, I asked for black, white, and/or grey thread and, beyond that, gave her free range. She said that she saw a lot of straight lines. Both she and Swan said it looks amazing. One week until I get to see it and bring it home!